Study the Russian or Ukrainian language via Skype with a personal tutor
The Slavic Education Center provides Russian and Ukrainian language lessons with a personal tutor on Skype. Private online lessons provide an opportunity to learn Russian or Ukrainian from an experienced and highly-qualified teacher who will prepare lessons according to your specific needs and current language level.
Skype lessons are individually designed to suit your personal skills and goals. You choose your schedule, the timing and frequency of your study.
Skype lessons are for private, one-on-one lessons only. Unfortunately at this time there are no group courses available via Skype.
Skype lessons are just as effective as in-person lessons. You will receive all necessary assignments and materials by e-mail.
Online lessons are actually a cheaper alternative to the in-person method because office space and equipment are not utilized.
What is needed for Russian or Ukrainian lessons on Skype?
High-speed Internet for a quality connection
Availability of Skype on your device and the availability of personal Skype-Account
Headphones with a microphone / headset or the loud speakers and an integral microphone for a full interaction lesson!
If I do not use Skype?
If you are unable to use Skype, or prefer using another online source (e.g., Viber, Google Hangouts, etc.), it will not be an obstacle for distance learning. Just write in the application what kind of program you would like to use for your training. The only requirement is that the program must be free and available for installation on the MS Windows operating system.
You will be able to participate in a variety of learning levels in Russian or Ukrainian as a foreign language
- You will be able to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- You will be able to introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has done.
- You will be able to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly, clearly and is prepared to help.
Way Stage Level
- You will be able to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas most relevant to you (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- You will be able to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You will be able to describe, in simple terms, aspects of your immediate environment and matters of immediate need.
- You will be able to understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You will be able to deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You will be able to produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- You will be able to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You will be able to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialization.
- You will be able to interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- You will be able to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Effective operational proficiency
- You will be able to understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- You will be able to express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- You will be able to use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- You will be able to produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- You will be able to understand, with ease, virtually everything heard or read.
- You will be able to summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- You will be able to express yourself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
If you would like us to contact you with more information about our services, please fill in the relevant parts of the form below. Or simply send us an email at the address listed below.
45a, Sherbakova Str., Kiev
Киев, ул. Щербакова, 45а,
+38 097 284-78-69
+38 099 765-22-67
Slavic Education Center
Please give us any additional information that will help us to respond to your enquiry as accurately as possible.