200 UAH per hour
Private lessons for learning Russian and Ukrainian in Kiev
The Slavic Education Center offers private lessons for learning Russian and Ukrainian with qualified tutors in Kiev. Private lessons provide a unique opportunity to learn Russian or Ukrainian under the guidance of an experienced teacher who will develop lessons tailored to yours specific needs. Classes are held in our Center or in your home or office. Our teachers have developed programs of various intensity for different learning objectives: exam preparation, working in Ukraine or Russia, or preparation for a trip to other post-Soviet countries, etc.
Classes in pairs
Often our teachers conduct private lessons for micro groups of two people. Studying Russian or Ukrainian language together with a partner is often more interesting. Therefore, the teacher has an opportunity to add some didactic tools that are not available for lessons with one student, for instance: paired testing of the dialogues, check the partner, etc. In such situations, the teacher achieves as much as possible while maintaining an individual teaching approach with the student.
The price for 1 lesson in a pair costs 250 UAH for one student
Classes in pairs are ideally suited for couples, friends or colleagues. Quite often we conduct paired classes for those who have requested them but don’t have a partner for lessons. We find two people who would be interested to study in a pair with the same language skills and provide them flexibility in choosing their class schedule.
Basic rates for individual lessons
Private lessons in pairs
Private Skype lessons
* Payment is made per month – 8 or 12 lessons. Each month is finalized with a learning outcome assessment.
We offer lessons at all levels
- You will be able to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- You will be able to introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has done.
- You will be able to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly, clearly and is prepared to help.
Way Stage Level
- You will be able to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas most relevant to you (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- You will be able to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You will be able to describe, in simple terms, aspects of your immediate environment and matters of immediate need.
- You will be able to understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You will be able to deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You will be able to produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- You will be able to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You will be able to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialization.
- You will be able to interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- You will be able to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Effective operational proficiency
- You will be able to understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- You will be able to express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- You will be able to use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- You will be able to produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- You will be able to understand, with ease, virtually everything heard or read.
- You will be able to summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- You will be able to express yourself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
If you would like us to contact you with more information about our services, please fill in the relevant parts of the form below. Or simply send us an email at the address listed below.
45a, Sherbakova Str., Kiev
Киев, ул. Щербакова, 45а,
+38 097 284-78-69
+38 099 765-22-67
Slavic Education Center
Please give us any additional information that will help us to respond to your enquiry as accurately as possible.